Favourite Avenger?

11/25/07

Ladies and Gentlemen, His Supreme Dorkness of Nerd


So. I like me some comic books. My favorites (I should list these somewhere) are conspicuously written by the same dude - Robert Kirkman. All my comic book friends know who he is but most of the rest of you don't. Anyway, he's awesome. He writes millions of books, among them "The Walking Dead" - THE best zombie book in the multiverse. He is also from Kentucky.

My comic book store in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) is called Comicazi. One day they noticed that I was devouring most things Kirkman and started asking questions. Well, my past caught up with me and now my nickname around the comic shop is "Kentucky".

Well, if Kirkman moved to tha MA, I would probably try to marry him even though we are both already married and both have a son. But, whatever. The point is, I DIG Kirkman. And he just made my Thanksgiving weekend by printing a letter of mine in a little super-hero book of his called "Invincible".
Well, ain't that dandy. I seriously haven't stopped smiling about it since I picked up my books yesterday.

So, true believers and excelsiors and all that, go pick up the books shown (Invincible 46 JUST came out and Wolf-Man 3 is from September/October?) and you can read my letters. They're basically me falling all over the dude but they are also funny. Kind of like a make-out session while watching "Harlem Nights".

I might scan the actual letters at some point but I want to turn everybody else on to Kirkman so I don't look so desperate and creepy in my fanboy love for him. But if he ever gets to be single, I saw him first...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Kirkman, now you listen here. Dan "Kentucky" Benningfield is my man, so don't go getting any crazy ideas about moving yourself to Massachusetts to get you some fanboy love.

And, Dan, that's gross.

Anonymous said...

I think you should just plan on your boys falling into mad gay love and then you can be co-fathers-in-law and that would be peachy on two levels because YOU wouldn't have to go gay yerself (thus keeping wifey there happy) and later, when he's old enough to ask why, it would give you a dandy way to explain to young Explanation Of Benefits why you have chosen to go ahead and raise him gay right from the beginning.

I can't believe you have a blog and THIS is how I find out!

Anonymous said...

Buttery. Flaky. Covered in man gravy.