Favourite Avenger?

7/1/08

June 2008 Poll - Nostalgia Neck and Neck



The nostalgia battle took over this poll almost from the get-go. Thirty days later and 8 votes apiece and we end up with ANOTHER Biscuit World Poll Tie.

Can't say I blame you though. I think you either grew up in an Atari house or a Nintendo house. I don't know if I ever heard of someone owning BOTH! I mean, this isn't "Silver Spoons" or anything.

NES dominated in graphics, right? I mean, it was an 8-bit system and Mario is tough to deny. But, as BW knows, there was nothing like a two-hour session of Asteroids to take the edge off after school. Plus, you had the classics: Space Invaders, Missile Command, Defender, and Combat (board 7 for me please! Full-on maze with tanks AND ricochet!). And of course, Pitfall 1 and 2, Keystone Kapers, and the other Activision games! But you also had E.T. and Street Racer and the Atari version of Pac-Man. Hmmm... I do have to admit though getting a healthy dose of Nintendo at my boy Antoine's house in high school. Batman, Othello, Tetris for hours and hours.

Congratulations, 1977 and your baby, the Atari 2600. And Congratulations 1985 and the NES.
Both worthy adversaries in the Console Wars but we're ALL winners in this battle...

1 comment:

KMR said...

Gotta say that I did not vote on the grounds that your poll did not include the Gamecube -- ruler of all game systems baby!